Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA » Health Care » MOVE! Weight Management Program » Additional Information
MOVE! Weight Management Program
The resources on this page are provided as additional support information to help understand, develop and reach healthy weight goals.
Overweight / Obesity Resources
- Management of Overweight and Obesity (OBE)
VA/DOD Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Choosing a Safe and Successful Weight-Loss Program
- This page guides the reader through a number of questions to ask their health care provider and additional steps to identify an appropriate weight loss plan.
- Overweight and Obesity
- This site defines overweight and obesity and presents information on prevalence, contributing factors, health and economic consequences, frequently asked questions, recommendations, state programs, and other resources.
Available in Spanish at https://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpao/spanish/index.html#peso-saludable
- The Truth Behind Weight Loss Ads
- Learn how to evaluate weight loss and fitness claims before you buy products or services. Find out how to spot weight loss ads with false promises and fake stories. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/truth-behind-weight-loss-ads-0
- Understanding Adult Obesity Fact Sheet
- This page covers how obesity is measured, Body Mass Index (BMI), causes of obesity, body fat distribution, risks of obesity, and its psycho-social effects. Also provides information on additional resources.
- Food and Nutrition Information Center Interactive Toolbox
- The Interactive Toolbox contains links to Web resources that help consumers and professionals with dietary assessment, meal planning, and checking personal health risks.
- Healthy Recipes
- A variety of recipes is available to help you plan meals. All recipes are heart healthy and include important information about the serving size, number of servings, calories, and other nutrients.
- USDA MyPlate Resources
- MyPlate is an easy-to-understand visual cue to help consumers adopt healthy eating habits by encouraging them to build a healthy plate, consistent with the 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- VA Nutrition and Food Services
- Find Veteran and dietitian-approved recipes and cookbooks along with education on how nutrition impacts a variety of health conditions. https://www.nutrition.va.gov/index.asp
Physical Activity Resources
- Move Your Way
- Move Your Way tools, videos, and fact sheets have tips that make it easier to get a little more active. https://health.gov/moveyourway
- Physical Activity for Everyone
- This site provides visitors with an overview of the importance of physical activity and resources to encourage physical activity.
- This partnership among Federal land management agencies provides an easy-to-use Web site with information about all Federal recreation areas. The site allows you to search for recreation areas by state, recreational activity, agency, or map. It also provides links to recreation maps, weather advisories, and sites where visitors can make advanced reservations for camp sites and tours.
- My HealtheVet (MHV)
- My HealtheVet (MHV) is the gateway to Veteran health benefits and services. It provides access to Veterans’ personal health records, personal health trackers, online VA prescription refill and secure messaging with VA healthcare team members.
- VA National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- NCP is a field-based program office of the Office of Patient Care Services. NCP advocates for health promotion, disease prevention, and patient health education for Veterans. NCP advises VHA leadership on evidence-based health promotion and disease prevention policy providing programs, education, resources, coordination, guidance, and oversight for clinical staff in VA medical facilities to enhance the health, well-being, and quality of life of Veterans.
- Veterans Health Library
- Find comprehensive health information with easy-to-read printable health sheets and videos about diseases, tests, treatments, and medications. Resources are available in Spanish. https://www.veteranshealthlibrary.va.gov/