You've already completed the first and most difficult step. Here's what you need to do next:
Not a Veteran Receiving Care at the VA?
We are pleased to make available the MOVE! Veteran Workbook and MOVE! Coach mobile app to individuals interested in learning more about weight management. You may find it helpful to complete the MOVE!11 Getting Started Questionnaire. For health care providers interested in learning more about our standard curriculum, click here to access our MOVE! Facilitator Guide.
- MOVE! Group Sessions has the greatest evidence for success and is the most common way Veterans participate in MOVE! Time-limited, clinician-led groups meet regularly and follow a structured format for weight loss. To enable more Veterans to participate, many medical centers provide video conferencing to community-based outpatient facilities (CBOCs), as well as long-term groups for weight maintenance.
- MOVE! Telephone Lifestyle Coaching is for Veterans who prefer one-on-one contact via telephone with a designated weight management coach.
- TeleMOVE! is for Veterans who may benefit from frequent reminders to stay on track with their weight management goals. This includes daily interaction with in-home messaging technologies and clinician contact as needed.
- MOVE! Coach is a mobile app for Veterans who prefer to manage their weight on their own. Brief check-ins with a MOVE! clinician may be available at VA facilities that offer MOVE! Coach with Care. Simply go to the App Store on any iOS device (version 6.0 or higher) and download the app now! Development of an Android version of MOVE! Coach is underway.
- Weight Loss Medications and Bariatric Surgery are treatment options that may be offered to Veterans who have tried MOVE! but continue to struggle with overweight or weight-related issues.
Please note that treatment options vary by facility.